Thursday, August 20, 2015

Happy 29th Birthday Carly!



It's really strange how many people I work with that turn 29.  Case in point... Carly!  Carly likes to keep things quiet around her birthday, but I still wanted to make her a cake.  I had to promise no streamers, no balloons, and above all, no numbers on her cake.  

This is an 8 inch white cake with buttercream frosting.  I used two cake mixes in three pans to be sure to get the height I was looking for.  



I've tried lots of things but I still always get a rounded top.  Fortunately I found this inexpensive tool made by Wilton at the craft store.  There are more expensive versions of it but the cheap one is best.  He has notches on each side so you can set the wire exactly where you want it to cut.  



After the cakes are made, whip up 3 batches of this Yummy Buttercream recipe.  Ice the cake, then make some colors for flowers.  Don't forget to leave a little white for the bottom border.


Personally I like an odd number of layers.  Three is nice if they are this size.


Happy Birthday Carly!  Thanks for all you do for us at ABSG!


No comments:

Post a Comment