Monday, June 8, 2015

Banana Squares


I've had this recipe for years and wanted to post it mainly so I don't lose it.  Whenever I have a couple of bananas that are a little too ripe to eat, I make this.  It's fast and easy and you can skip the sifting if you want to.  I will add a fancier photo later.  Makes 16 squares.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)

1) Cream sugar and shortening.  If you have one of these you don't even need a mixer.



2) Add egg and mix well.

3) Mix the dry ingredients together and add half of them.  Mix well.

4) Add bananas and pecans.

5) Add remaining dry mixture and mix well.

6) Pour into greased and floured 8x8 pan. I sometimes use a pan that is a little smaller so that they come out higher.  When I do, they need a few more minutes of baking.

7) Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Can we remove the Egg and make this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made it without the egg but let us know if u try and how it goes.

      Delete