Saturday, April 25, 2015

Easy Raspberry Cake Filling


This recipe has been adapted from a recipe at Living Better Together.  I am making it to use as the filling in a chocolate cake for Jeremy at work who is having a birthday on Tuesday.  I'm making this filling and the Chocolate Ganache Icing a couple of days ahead of time.  Then on Sunday I'll make my go to Chocolate Cake. Monday after work all I will have to do is assemble everything.  

I call this recipe is called Easy Raspberry Cake Filling but it could be used as a filling in cupcakes, donuts, or drizzled over ice cream.  It makes about 2 1/2 cups.

Ingredients
4 cups frozen raspberries
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons corn starch
3 tablespoons water

This is the kind of raspberries I buy.  It takes about 1 1/4 bags.  (I might re-do this recipe so it only takes 1.  That would be so more convenient.)


1) Heat the frozen raspberries on medium-high in a medium sized pot.  Bring to a boil.  This will take about 10-15 minutes.

2) Add the sugar and return to a boil.

3) In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and water.  Pour into raspberries and stir for 1 minute.  

4) Remove from heat and let cool.  Bottle up and store in the fridge or use right away.  It keeps for about 3-4 weeks in the fridge.


5) Here is how Jeremy's cake, with raspberry filling, turned out.  This is an 8 inch cake and it has 3 layers and I used a little over a cup of filling (about 1/2 cup between each layer).






No comments:

Post a Comment